The Best Beard Trimmers In 2017 :- Our Top 5 Picks (updated)
Every man in his lifetime would have repeatedly heard about one thing from everyone around him. It is nothing but people telling him that facial hair would make men look more masculine and sophisticated.
All these apart, you need to know that having that perfect goatee or the minimal stubble is going to need extra care and patience. Growing out a full beard can be easy, but the process of maintaining it can be a little tedious.
This is the reason why men prefer to trim their beards once they grow out of their limit. Needless to say, even the short stubble or the goatee works out fine.
The next step in grooming is to start out from the neck region. Define a border up to your chin, for if your trim too much into the chin, your face would appear to have a double chin. For the face, start out with the sideburns and then move to the chin.
Make sure to comb the beard as and when you trim it so that you do not leave behind any stray hairs while trimming and also to get the perfect level for each facial hair.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best 5 Beard Trimmer in 2017
- 2 What makes the beard trimmers best?
- 3 Different Types Of Razors Used
- 4 Getting The Right Beard Trimmers
- 4.1 1. Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3100 Beard Trimmer
- 4.2 2. Remington PG6025 All in-1 Lithium Powered Grooming Kit
- 4.3 3. Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro Self-Haircut Kit
- 4.4 4. Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 7100 beard trimmer
- 4.5 5. Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer Series 7200
Best 5 Beard Trimmer in 2017
Multigroom Series 3100
All in-1 Lithium Powered Grooming Kit
Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro
Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 7100
Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer Series 7200
What makes the beard trimmers best?
Before you get lost in the beard trimmer labyrinth, here are a few factors that will help you narrow down on your choice sooner than you’d expect.
Beard trimmers can be corded or cordless. In other words, they have a plug-in point or are equipped with a rechargeable battery.
While most people think about the distinct advantages, like portability and trimming without the hassles of a cord, it also means that you have to ensure that the cordless one stays charged when you need it the most.
Some cordless trimmers have a charge time of 10-12 hours. Better not be caught one that sputters and dies as you turn it on.
Blade trimmers are travel essentials. So look for something that can slip into a corner of your travel bag or grooming kit. The last thing you need is an oversized contraption that juts out of the bag like a sore thumb.
The term ‘blade support’ is a misnomer. Because you don’t need to get, the beards sharpened even though that’s what it sounds like. Blade maintenance is a sophisticated way of saying edge cleaning.
Trimmer blades are designed to last for life. A desirable feature though would be to look for a blade that is waterproof and can be rinsed under a tap for an easy cleaning session.
Oh you’ve got to see some of the techs that latest beard trimmers boast of. The Philips 9000 for example, projects a red laser light on to your skin, mostly showing you, where to cut the hair according to the beard style you choose.
While that may seem straight out of Star Trek, there are tons of other features in beard trimmers. The ones that matter is trimmer speed, trim lengths, accessories for trimming body hair, interchangeable bead heads and vacuum.
Everybody has their favourite tech brands. You can’t drag my dead body away from an Apple product.
Similarly, if you are brand loyal, then this is one factor that you ‘may’ consider. Personally, I would rate all the other factors above it, because most of the brands in the men’s grooming products industry are quite reliable.
Last but not the least, what are you comfortable spending for trimming some facial hair? That may sound like a crude way to describe it.
But that’s what it all narrows down to. Some people would say that I don’t mind spending $150 on a trimmer. Others would cringe at the thought of spending more than $50.
Different Types Of Razors Used
There are five different types of razors used by men for shaving and trimming the beard. These assist you in can be attached and removed when needed, and the shaving head and the handle are the main parts of every trimmer.
The razor types include,
Electric razors are convenient for use, and you can also use it while traveling. You do not need shaving cream while you trim the beard and are quick in action.
Disposable razors are used for once or twice and thrown away. The blades can be replaced on the shaving head and do not take up much space when you carry them while traveling. They are inexpensive and the perfect tool for emergencies.
Safety razors have been in the market for a long time now. These have a permanent handle with a sturdy metal head that holds the replaceable blade in position.
As the name indicates, straight razors have an edge that is folded into the handle. These razors are available in the market, and you can get them engraved.
Trimmers that use of cartridge razors have a flexible shaving head that moves along with the shape of the neck and the face. These blades can be replaced after using them for 3-4 times and can trim beards within a short period.
Getting The Right Beard Trimmers
Now that you got some idea on how to groom your beard, it is time to look at the several options that you have in the market for the beard trimmers. Each trimmer has its settings and adjustments, and it is up to you to choose the one that best serves the purpose. Look at all the available options before you decide upon one. Some of the things to lookout for include,
- The beard trimmer must have various adjustable length settings and also vacuum to help you clean the stray hairs after trimming.
- Choose beard trimmers that are waterproof and those that can be used in showers, as this will help you in saving time when in a hurry.
- If you are looking for accurate cuts for your facial hair, choose the trimmers that can give you precise cuts.
- Look at the price of the trimmers. Choose the one that offers all the required features rather than just going by the brand.
For people who are looking to get hold of the beard trimmers, Here is a list of best beard trimmers 2017 that you can find on the market.
1. Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3100 Beard Trimmer
Considered to be one of the best in the market, the Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3100 comes with five different tools in one device.
The styling tools are available as five separate attachments and include a detail trimmer, nose hair trimmer, beard and mustache trimmer, full trimmer and a stubble comb.
Easy to clean, this beard trimmer has 18 length settings that you can adjust based on your requirements. Fit with a rechargeable battery; you can use the trimmer for straight 35 minutes after charging it for 10 hours.
The trimmer is compatible with rounded blade tips, and this significantly reduces skin irritation along with preventing cuts in the skin while you trim. The blades are made of chromium steel, and these self-sharpening blades provide you with long-lasting performance.
As the blades and the comb can be cleaned easily using the tap water after use, you will be able to use it for a long time. The Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3100 is available with a 45-day risk-free trial and a warranty period of 2 years.
- The blades are easy to clean and maintain
- This beard trimmer can be used anywhere you travel to as it adapts perfectly to the voltage requirement of that place
- Presence of 5-in-1 shaving tools allows you to get a perfect style using a single device
- The beard trimmer cannot be used while you are in the shower
- Performance of the battery is less when compared to the other trimmers in the market
One of the latest addition to the grooming products from Remington, the Remington PG6025 All in-1 Lithium Powered Grooming Kit comes with eight different trimming attachments in one single device.
Considered to be fit for travel, you can carry this beard trimmer in a pouch that is available at the time of purchase. The different attachments that you can fit on the trimmer include a foil shaver, full-size trimmer, nose trimmer, detail and ear trimmer and a hair clipper comb.
Along with these 5, there are three stubble and beard combs available.
The major five attachments have eight different adjustable length settings. As for the cordless runtime, the trimmer provides you with 65 minutes of action after charging the device.
The blades are made of self-sharpening surgical steel, and the textured body of the trimmer provides you a firm grip while in action. This beard trimmer comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
- The lithium-ion battery is rechargeable and durable to use
- The blades can easily be cleaned under the faucet
- Presence of 8-in-1 attachments in the devices makes its worth a buy
- You cannot use this trimmer while it is plugged into the socket
- The battery loses its potential after using the trimmer for a particular period
- The device heats up after a short time of use
The Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro Self-Haircut Kit, Hair Clippers, Hair Trimmers, Clippers, (13 pieces) is the latest addition to the Remington series of grooming products for men. It comes with a 13 piece grooming kit; this trimmer is the best buy in the market.
The beard trimmer comes with 13 pieces of trimming essentials and includes a handheld clipper, a cleaning brush, nine-length adjusting combs, trimming oil and a pouch for travel and storage.
As the razor blade is extra-wide curved, you will be able to cover maximum area of facial hair along with getting an even and close cut.
As the trimmer fits right into your palm, you will be able to use it to reach the back of your head.
The precision stainless steel blades help you to trim even the thickest hairs without any snagging or pulling. You can use this trimmer for 40 minutes after charging the battery for 4 hours.
- The rubber grip gives you the ease to cut the hair behind your ears and on the neckline
- A 5-minute quick charge is available, and you can use it to cut the hair before trimming
- The blades are washable, and you can use it while it is plugged into the socket
- Battery for the clipper runs out quickly when compared to the other models
- Trimming through thick hair takes time than usual
- The device slips out of the hand if you are attentive while shaving the beard or the hair
4. Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 7100 beard trimmer
The Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 7100 is the perfect addition to the range of beard trimmers that provides you with an all-in-one action in the single device.
The trimmer would suit the person well who is looking to buy a device that provides a complete body trimming, right from the head to the bottom.
The trimmer comes with a 3D pivoting head that moves along the contour of your body. You get to choose from 5 different length settings, and the rounded blade tips prevent the scratching of the skin.
The dual-sided design of the trimmer allows you to use the device with ease. The trimming comb helps you to trim the thickest hair and does not cause any irritation to the skin.
Before you start using this product, you need to charge the trimmer for 24 hours. After that, you will be able to use the trimmer for 50 minutes after charging it for 1 hour. This beard trimmer comes with a 2-year warranty period.
- You can use the beard trimmer even in the shower
- Shaver is made from hypoallergenic materials
- The body of the trimmer provides excellent grip and comfort while use
- The blades lose their performance and must be replaced after some time
- The battery life wears out after regular use
- The trimmer’s performance as a whole wears out after repeated use
The Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer Series 7200, Vacuum Trimmer with 20 built-in length settings, BT7215/49 comes with the lift and trim technology that guides the hair to lift while you trim.
By charging the device for 1 hour, you will be able to use the trimmer for 80 minutes. The self-sharpening steel blades provide faster trimming minor skin irritation.
The vacuum system integrated into the trimmer provides you the right level of suction required to trim the hair. The device comes with a 5-year warranty.
- The trimmer has innovative life and trim technology
- The shaving head is easily washable
- The battery is rechargeable
- The trimmer piece has to be replaced after repeated use
- This is not suitable for short stubbles
- The side guards are a bit flimsy to use
Beard trimmers can help you to get the look that you have always wanted once you grow your beard. Choose the trimmers wisely, for you do not want to end up with a style of beard that is not good to look at.
Best Beard Trimmer
Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 3100 Beard Trimmer
Remington PG6025 All in-1 Lithium Powered Grooming Kit
Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro Self-Haircut Kit
Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 7100 beard trimmer
Philips Norelco Beard Trimmer Series 7200